St. Rosalia Parish is located in Greenfield, only minutes from downtown Pittsburgh. Our parish territory extends into portions of Squirrel Hill. We have two church buildings in which we worship: St. Joachim Church, which was originally established as a parish in 1910 and St. Rosalia Church, which was originally established in 1900. During the reorganization of the Diocese of Pittsburgh, the new St. Rosalia Parish came into existence on October 4, 1993, consisting of the former St. Joachim and St. Rosalia parishes as well as a portion of St. Philomena Parish, which was located in Squirrel Hill.
As a result of the reorganization, the original St. Rosalia grew in size and number. St. Rosalia is a Eucharistic-centered parish family. The very heart of our community life flows from the real presence of Christ among us in the Blessed Sacrament. Although the new St. Rosalia Parish is relatively young, its roots of its three former parishes have long histories and traditions. Like them, the new parish is first and foremost a Roman Catholic Parish. It is faithful to the teachings of the universal Catholic Church centered in Rome under the leadership of the Holy Father. St. Rosalia Parish passes on these beliefs and teachings of the Church through its educational programs. The parish school is a very vital instrument in the catechetical work. Our parish school offers valued-centered education for our children which prepares them to grow in the love of God and to be effective Catholic Christian witnesses to each other and to the community. We teach the truths of the gospel of Jesus Christ as preserved by the Catholic Church without apology and with conviction. We encourage the students to remain faithful to their Catholic identity by being good, active and participating Catholics. St. Rosalia Catholic Parish and School will remain strong because it touches the future.